Archive for January, 2008
Being an avid music lover, one of the first things I do when I install Linux, is setup mp3 playback. Due to licensing concerns (which I’m not going to get into here), Red Hat/Fedora don’t ship with mp3 support, even though they ship with multiple audio players.
The other day I decided to install Fedora 8 on the laptop, as there’s really nothing that I need to do, that I can’t do under Linux.
I decided to use Rhythmbox for my audio player as I’d read good things about it. It includes the ability to transfer music to and from my iPod.
I’ve always planned to do something with this site, but just never found the time. Well, times have changed and I’m going to make the time.
This site will serve several purposes:
- A place to vent (If you’re easily offended, maybe this site isn’t for you!).
- My commentary on various topics (including news articles)
- A place to record interesting (to me at least) tidbits related to system and network configuration and administration.
- Occasionally make comment on movies I’ve seen, or music I’ve purchased, and I feel are worthy of commenting about (whether that be positive or negative).
- Quite possibly some other random crap!
If you happen to detect a grammatical or spelling error on here, please don’t let me know (unless it’s in a code example and matters), there are plenty of other sites out there catering to the needs of the grammar nazi clan. I try to be grammatically correct, but hey, I make mistakes
I am going to endeavor to update this site at least once a day, but I make no promises!